How to Add Link to Instagram Story? You’ve probably heard someone say “swipe up” in Instagram stories. Since this “swipe up” feature has been added to Instagram, the time people spend on Instagram stories has been extended for about ten minutes.
But this extra time requires more attention from your followers, and it doesn’t work unless you get them back to your profile after the page you’re redirecting them to.
Before Adding a Link to Instagram Story
We know you’re wondering “how to add a link to my Instagram story”, maybe you’ve probably already learned if you’re a successful Instagram famous or business. We’re saying this because adding links to Instagram stories is a common feature of successful Instagram accounts.
But if you’re not one of them, there are some things you need to know because not everyone can add stories to the Instagram stories. There are some privileges you have to do for this, and the things you need to do afterward. If you want to add links to your Instagram stories, you should be sure you have these privileges and features.
- First, you must have at least 10,000 followers. We don’t know why, but Instagram, unfortunately, doesn’t allow accounts with followers below this number to add links to Instagram stories. We know it’s hard to get Instagram followers, especially with so many ones. But you can measure how great it is to be able to add links to your Instagram stories.
- You will then need to have a verified account. Instagram needs to be able to trust you, since directing people to a page other than Instagram will leave Instagram accountable. Verified accounts give Instagram‘s security units trust in your account. Because of, it is not difficult to understand why they do this because they can easily access a verified account.
- Once you have both of these features, you can add links to your Instagram stories. You will then be able to see the benefits of the links you add to your Instagram account. There are no geographic restrictions on adding links to Instagram stories, so you can do it wherever you live, with just a few taps.
How to add a link to the Instagram story without being verified?
Unfortunately, you can’t do this because of Instagram’s security policies. Instagram has the right to know who you are because you will add the website to your story and direct people to this site other than Instagram.
How to Add Link to Your Instagram Story?
Adding a link to your Instagram story is even easier than sharing an Instagram story, trust us. There are only a few small steps you need to take to add a website to your Instagram story and redirect people to this link. When you add a link to your Instagram stories, you’ll give people an address to which they can be directed.
You should know that this requires trust and act accordingly. You will then be able to successfully direct people to the desired page or site, but remember, great power brings great responsibility.
- Tap the camera icon at the top left of the Instagram interface and go to the story sharing section. Here you can take a new photo or video, or choose something from your library.
- Tap the chain link icon. Keep in mind that you can only do this if you have 10,000 followers and a verified account.
- Touching the chain icon will open a window where you can enter a URL. Make sure you’ve added a correct link and confirm your action after entering the link.
- Before you share the story, make sure you know what you’re sharing and remember to remind your followers to swipe up. There must be a reason for everyone to remind you of that, right?
- Congratulations, you’ve successfully added a link to your Instagram story. We hope this guide will be a useful move for both your followers and you.
What to Do If You Are Not a Verified Instagram Account
How to Verify Instagram Account (2020)
Today, we're going to learn more about how to verify Instagram account. On Instagram, you should've got accustomed to the checkmark, commonly known as...
It may not be easy to gather more than 10,000 followers in a short time or to have a verified account. However, you can still add links to your Instagram account, there are other ways to do so. Your followers do not necessarily have to swipe up to be redirected to the website.
Perhaps the most sensible thing you can do about this is to add this link to the bio part of your Instagram profile. You can then let people know about a story that you will share. Just say: “You can reach the link from the bio section”
Instead of swiping up, they enter your profile and click on the link and they will be directed. You will increase your visits both to your profile and to reach your goal. What more could you ask for?