Instagram is an excellent social media platform to share your experiences, view your friends’ latest hiking trip, follow Kylie Jenner’s latest product, and more. However, sometimes we get disturbed by people, and naturally, we do not want to engage with them or even see them in our feed. If you are in one of those situations, you can easily block someone on Instagram.
How to Block Someone on Instagram Without Them Knowing
Your motive and reasons for the block simply do not matter, we are all free human beings, and we have a right to stay away from anybody we do not want near us. It can be your father, your professor, your boss… The steps for blocking people on Instagram stays the same, and it is so easy to do so.
When you block a person, they cannot view your profile in any possible way. All of your mutual likes, comments, and messages vanish. They cannot view your Instagram Stories too.
They still will not be able to view your profile, but note that they can use a throwaway account to view your profile if it is open to public appearance.
So, let’s have a look at how you can block someone on Instagram without them knowing.
How to Block on Your Mobile Device
First of all, think about taking action to block someone. If you ever want to unblock this person, you will have to follow them again. This means they will know that you blocked them in the past.
- Open the official Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Search for the person you want to block via the search bar at the top center of the app.
- Moreover, you can find the person you want to block if they ever did comment or like your posts. Additionally, you can check your following lists.
- After you open their profile, tap on the three horizontal lines icon and bring up the pop-up menu.
- ‘Block’ option should appear at the top of this menu. After you tap on that option and confirm your decision, the user will be blocked.
- Furthermore, you can report this user to Instagram if they are breaching the terms and conditions of the platform.
How to Block on Your PC
Some of us do not always have access to our phones. Well, some of us do not even own a phone. In that case, you can use your PC or Mac product to make someone feel your wrath. Therefore, they will be blocked on Instagram.
- Open your web browser and type ‘www.instagram.com‘ to your address bar.
- Search the name of the account you want to block on Instagram in the search bar. It is located at the top center of the page.
- Open the profile you want to block and click on the three horizontal lines icon next to their username.
- From there, you can click on ‘Block this user,” or ‘Report user’ options to free yourself from the shackles of mutually following acquaintances on Instagram.