How to Delete Instagram Messages? Have you ever had to delete an Instagram message you sent before? This is quite common, especially when social media makes communication so fast and easy. You may have accidentally sent a photo or information you did not want to someone. But don’t worry, you can remove these messages from Instagram Direct Messages.
- It’s happened to all of us to send a message to the wrong person, which is nothing to be ashamed of.
- Especially on a very popular platform like Instagram, it is quite understandable that this can happen.
- We’ll show you some steps on how to delete messages on Instagram, but be sure to think again when sending any messages so you don’t need them.
How to Delete Instagram Messages from Both Sides?
This is the main known method for deleting messages from Instagram direct messages. Before you do this, you should stop and think, do you really want to delete your Instagram messages? If the person you’re sending these messages to is someone special to you, the messages can mean something to you.
You can use this method to remove all Instagram messages you send, one at a time and on both sides. But before you do this, it’s a good idea to know that you won’t be able to retrieve deleted messages.
- Tap the paper plane icon at the top right of the Instagram app interface.
- In the list of your direct messages, find and open the conversation that contains the message you want to delete.
- Tap and hold the message you want to delete, you will see three options in the middle of the screen.
- These options are will be “copy”, “save” and “unsend”. Touch “unsend” if you are sure about that.
- Congratulations! You have successfully deleted the unwanted message from conversation.
With this method, when you delete messages on Instagram direct messages, the message will disappear from you and the recipient’s screen and you will successfully achieve your goal. And that’s good news if you regret what you wrote or send.
How Do I Delete Instagram Messages Only for Myself?
Another way to delete Instagram messages is to delete all of the conversations. Deleting the whole conversation as it is can be a pretty quick solution unless you care about your messages. Also, when you do this, the other person won’t even know, because as we’ll repeat later, this will only erase one side’s messages.
You can do this in case your phone gets compromised, the good thing is that the backup of your messages always stands on the opposite side, unless they delete it. And you should now, with this method, messages are deleted only in the account that performs this operation.
- Just like in the previous steps, click the paper plane icon at the top right of the interface and go to the page where you can find your Instagram conversations.
- In the list of your Instagram conversations, find and hold the conversation that contains the messages you want to delete. Before you do this, make sure that you have chosen the correct conversation.
- In the window that opens, you will see options such as “mark as unread”, “mute”, and “delete”. Assuming you want to delete messages, tap delete.
- Congratulations! You have successfully deleted all conversation history. Now you can start over cleanly like you are never speaking on Instagram direct messages section.
- But remember that this only applies to your account, the other person can still see your message history. If you need to access them again one day, you can ask the other person for a screenshot of the messages.
How to delete Instagram messages via iPhone?
Just follow the same steps as above, but the only difference is that you don’t have to press and hold to see the message history options. You just swipe to the left. You will then see a red “delete” option and you can tap it. This way you will be able to delete all the conversation on your iPhone at once.
Why Should We Delete Instagram Messages Regularly?
Pinterest is basically a social media platform that most influencers use to promote their ideas through images and videos. And because of this, Pinter...
Instagram is a dynamic social media platform for community involvement, visual storytelling, and individual expression. The practice of "how to share ...
Our social media accounts are always threatened, no matter how important we attach importance to security. Malicious people can somehow take over your account and you don’t want anyone to access your private chat history in the Instagram direct messages section.
In addition, other applications are often used for chatting. Instagram direct messages are often used to share private photos in the form of an Instagram story.
Since the photos you send are always stored in your library, deleting your Instagram direct messages doesn’t cost you anything, so you should always keep that in mind. If you have read so far, we assume that you can delete your Instagram direct messages successfully. We hope one day you won’t regret it.