How to Post a GIF on Instagram? Acting to post a GIF on Instagram is limited to stories but will come to photos soon. However, you don’t have to wait for the update to throw GIFs on Instagram.
In this blog post, we answer the question about how to share GIF on Instagram.
What Is a GIF?
- If you are playing a photo or a video faster or slower, the file is called a GIF.
- It is possible to share GIFs created in a total of not more than 5 seconds in many social media applications.
- In order to make GIFs, it is possible for people to cut a particular portion of a video, as well as to play a photo slowly.
- A GIF can be saved by sequencing several photos in line. GIF sharing can be done within the Instagram application.
Does Instagram Support GIFs?
GIF sharing on Instagram is currently limited to Instagram Stories. To color your Instagram stories, you can use GIF sticker.
- Tap the GIF option on the sharing screen.
- You can write anything on the search box to specify your query.
- Then select and share from GIPHY’s vast animated GIF archive.
The frequently updated application will also come with GIF image sharing in the future. Until then, we wanted to create a guide for users who wish to share GIFs on Instagram.
How to Add GIF to Instagram?
Making GIFs on Instagram is easy, but GIF downloading is not yet possible, so you first will need to get third-party Instagram GIF programs.
- There are dozens of GIF converter applications for Instagram on both iOS and Android.
- If you are using an iPhone, you can choose GIFConvert.er, if you are an Android phone user, you can select GIF to Video.
- With these applications, you can quickly convert GIFs from your gallery to video format for sharing them on Instagram.
- If you wish, you can use one of the online converters without downloading any applications.
- There are many web services like CloudConvert that convert from GIF to MP4 format.
- A third option is GPHY. When you can’t find a GIF to share in your phone’s gallery, you can take advantage of GPHY’s extensive archive.
- Instagram’s GIF sharing is built into the GIPHY app, which can be downloaded for free on Android and iOS.
If you want to share GIFs on your Instagram profile, you can do this quite simply as if you are sharing a regular video or photo. For this method, I can say that you just need to tap the plus button at the bottom of the screen on the home feed.
Do iOS and Android Work for Converting GIFs?
On devices with the iOS operating system, you can upload the .gif file to the corresponding website, but you cannot download the .mp4 file created due to limitations in the operating system.
Therefore, if you are using a mobile device with the iOS operating system, you need to perform the file translation process on your computer and then transfer the created file to your phone.