Instagram is a big part of our social life now. It can affect and even build our general relationships. Therefore, to keep those relationships on the flow, you may need to block or unblock someone on Instagram, but how? Maybe your ex-lover is still following your life with sketchy ways or worse, your parents are constantly checking your stories and you do not want them to see your binge drinkings. Maybe you are late with your assignment and you do not want the professor to see your mindblowing CoD kill streak. All viable reasons to block someone. You do not have to answer anybody for your choices.
However, life moves on and we move on too. Let’s say that you are done with your drinking and video game binge, you finally delivered your homework too. There are no reasons to keep blocking your counterparts, especially if you are close to them. In this situation, it is possible to unblock on Instagram. Hence, let’s have a look at our little step-by-step guide to learn how to unblock someone on Instagram.
Yes, it is possible to unblock people on PC. However, it is a bit more complicated than the mobile app. Yet, it is possible.
No, Instagram will not send a notification to the unblocked user when you unblock them.
No, and it is quite important to know that. If you did follow each other for some time and you blocked them, the other user may notice that you unfollowed them as they will you are not following each other anymore even after you unblock them. So, you need an excuse if that problem arises.
How to Unblock People on Instagram
- If you do not have the official Instagram app on your mobile device, download it from your operating system’s store.
- Open the Instagram app and log in with your username and password.
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom right of the screen to open your profile.
- At the top right corner, tap on the three vertical dots or three horizontal lines to bring up the options menu.
- Tap on ‘Settings‘ at the bottom right of the menu to go to your general settings.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Privacy’ with the lock icon near it.
- From there, under ‘Connections‘ title, there is a section called ‘Blocked Accounts‘. Tap on that section to see your Instagram block list.
- In this list, you can see all the users you have taken action to block on Instagram. You can click on these users’ profiles and unblock them from their profiles.
Desktops and Laptops
Unfortunately, Instagram’s web portal is not quite sophisticated in many ways just yet. It is a simple site with little functions but you can still unblock people on Instagram if you do not have your mobile device with you. However, it is a little bit more advanced than using your app to achieve this. Hence, let’s have a look.
- Open your mobile browser and type in ‘www.instagram.com‘ to your address bar.
- Log in to your Instagram account with your credentials. If you are using a public computer, you may want to use an anonymous tab for your login.
- Sadly, there is no Instagram block list similar to the mobile app. Hence, you have to manually type in the blocked account’s username to the search bar or you can directly add the username to the URL in your address bar like, ‘www.instagram.com/instafollowers’.
- When you enter the user’s profile, you can simply unblock them as you can do in the mobile app.
If you need further assistance with this topic, you can check the official Instagram Help guide.
Additionally, we think that you may show interest in our other articles like How Do I Know Who Viewed My Twitter Account?