Today, we’re going to learn more about how to verify Instagram account. On Instagram, you should’ve got accustomed to the checkmark, commonly known as “blue tick,” and many accounts have it.
This icon showcases that, according to some of Instagram users, the account is “reputable” to some extent. However, the real purpose of the icon is to show that the account really belongs to the celebrity who claims it.
Instagram and the Checkmark
Instagram is determined to be the most popular social network in the world and is home to many celebrities. Within Instagram, the easiest way to check if someone’s account is a real account is undoubtedly “blue tick.”
This tiny mark can only be obtained by celebrities and official accounts for a period of time. Still, it is now also available to fewer celebrities and companies that have a follow-up audience of their own.
What You Should Know About It
The fact that Instagram has verified an account does not necessarily mean that the platform has approved or recommended you follow the attitude or lifestyle of that account.
The blue checkmark only shows that the owner is real, not a fan account or a fake account. Although Instagram does not consistently follow such accounts, it can remove the blue check mark if the rules are broken.
Let’s just say this isn’t easy. Unlike Twitter, Instagram does have a page for account verification. The Instagram verification page says:
The verified badge helps users to find people we know from the magazines, celebrities, and brands they want to get in touch more easily.
The page that allows you to apply clearly says that only some famous people, celebrities, and brands can get verified. In that case, even accounts with thousands of followers may not be able to get the verified badge.
If you think that you’re the one for that badge and you’re ready for the approval, please note:
- Create pages for what you represent. Internet visibility is one of the main things Instagram cares about.
- Don’t be an Instagram celebrity. It may sound strange, but Instagram wants to approve the people to be imitated. If you are a recognized brand elsewhere, Instagram may be eligible to verify your account. Placing yourself in a position to emulate will increase your chances of getting approval.
- Keep your account active at all times. Consistency is key.
The best way to apply for a badge and not to buy it is to work with a digital agency. This can speed up the process, but if you are not a recognized person, you may be rejected.
How to Apply for the Blue Tick
If you are one of those who want to try your luck in this regard, this list may be useful. In this list, we will explain how to apply for a blue tick on Instagram.
- Once on Instagram, tap the “Profile” tab with the tiny human logo on the bottom right.
- Touch the “Properties” button in the top right of the profile menu.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, touch the “Settings” button at the bottom.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down a little and tap “Request Verification.”
- Fill in all fields you need to fill in the verification menu with actual information.
- Take a duplex photo of a government-issued document, such as an ID, driver’s license, or passport, and send it to the Instagram team.
After all, all you have to do is wait. It is up to the Instagram team to decide whether your submitted application will be accepted.
Keep in mind that Instagram will give celebrities and government agencies a priority over regular users for the blue tick.